Feedback Results

Charlie Moss charlie at charliemoss.com
Thu Jul 23 09:25:14 UTC 2015

The results are clear that every one want the latest version of Gnome.
Personally I wouldn't use, Ubuntu Gnome, if I couldn't get Gnome 3.16.

Around 50% of users are happy to help. I would like to suggest the position
of community host/s (or some such title) are created.  People to greet new
members and make them feel welcome. My personal experience as a new member
was, to be brutally honest, very very poor.  I still have no clue how I can
help, how to get Involved, etc as questions I have asked on the mailing
list have never received a single response.  Also, I asked if the new logo
had been decided or submissions were still open. No reply, so I created a
design and shared it. Still no reply, and I still don't know if the new
logo has been decided.

This is my first experience of an open source community, so a certain level
of guidance from other members is required. I am sure the majority of new
people, 'happy to help', will be the same. If it wasn't for an inspiring
email from Ali I would have considered myself unwelcome and given up.

Regards,

*Charlie*