Call for a meeting (IRC/Hangout)

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Thu Jul 23 06:28:07 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Team Leaders of Ubuntu GNOME sub-teams, active members and/or whoever wish
to participate/contribute, may I have your attention please?

It is planning time.My time is +10

I have just published:
https://ubuntugnome.org/feedback-time-results/

I know this is late but better late than never.

Feedback and collecting data/opinions is over now. We need to move forward
or else, we shall end up, just like the previous cycle, without a proper
planning.

Yes, blame me for this if you wish but NO, I am not the only one who is
part of this family. We have agreed to work as a TEAM and we have to honor
this agreement and show our commitment to it. That said, putting the past a
side, let's move on for a better future, shall we?

I'm sending this to the entire list because I hate to hide anything. In
fact, we have no secrets to hide on the first place.

*Our performance, as a team, is REALLY BAD, IMHO.*
Blame me again for this but also keep in mind, there are other drivers or
team leaders. I just survived a massive storm in my real life. I was this
close to lose everything and everyone I have in my life. Thank God, I
survived.

When I first joined this project back in 22-July-2013 (YES, 2 years!), I
had a clear vision that I didn't keep for myself but shared it with the
entire community: to build a team/community that can lead itself without
the need to a leader.

Sadly, we haven't yet reached that phase/level yet :(

The good news is: you still have me around whenever you need me.

Truth is: you need to understand that no one lives forever and this is a
digital world, so changes might be much faster than real life.

No, I am not leaving. I have just turned 2 years with this family and there
is NO WAY to leave unless all of you ask me to leave.

Yes, I have so much more to show.

However, this whole community needs to understand: if we shall *not* work
as one team, things might get worse, much worse than anyone can imagine. I
have mentioned that, 2 years ago, to Lubuntu Team. They never listened to
me. After I left them, they started to understand what I was talking about.
They took some months until they started to take 'some' of my advices. I do
hate to see Ubuntu GNOME to face the same thing.

Tomorrow is Friday, then Saturday and then Sunday. Is it possible to have a
meeting during these days? if not, we need to get this done ASAP.

If Plan A (meeting) will fail, my Plan B is to go for 15.10 without a
proper and a clear plan. Why? because we're a team and this is a community
project, not a one-man-project.

My time is +10 GMT at the moment.

Should I set the date and time for the meeting and then send it?!

Should you insist not to have a meeting? then I can present a one-man-plan
then you're free to vote good or bad but I DO HATE to do this. I am looking
forward to work with a team ;)

Thank you!

Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

*http://kibo.computer <http://kibo.computer>* - http://torios.net - Ubuntu