Evolution with bogofilter: wherefore are thou?

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Tue Jan 13 20:46:06 UTC 2015

On 14/01/15 05:35, Paul Smith wrote:
> What can we do to help get this fixed in Ubuntu 15.04?  The bug was
> filed over a year ago and no maintainer seems interested in responding
> to or fixing it.
bogofilter is disabled in Ubuntu since bogofilter is in universe, and packages in main (i,e. evolution) can't build against universe packages.
The only way to fix this is get bogofilter promoted to main via an MIR [1], Im not sure what the chances of getting that approved would be
though, particularly since bogofilter doesnt appear very active upstream. Anyway you would probably be better off checking with ubuntu-desktop
team since they maintain evolution.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess