ubuntu-sdk

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Sat Feb 21 14:59:02 UTC 2015

On 20/02/2015 21:44, leouss sama wrote:
> hello everyone
>
> i just installed (fresh install) ubuntu gnome 14.04.2 64bit today
> and i wan to install ubuntu-sdk but i can't get it to work here's why :
>
> i added the official ppa|
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa|
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
>
> but it says :
> ubuntu-sdk : Depends: ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>
> so i added that package to install it :
> sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev
>
> but also it says :
> ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev : Depends: libqt5webkit5-dev but it is not going
> to be installed
>
> so i added that package too :
> sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev libqt5webkit5-dev
>
> finally it worked BUT it says that there is some packages to be
> removed here is the list :
>
> ---------------------------------
> libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic libegl1-mesa-lts-utopic
> libgbm1-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-dri-lts-utopic
> libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic libglapi-mesa-lts-utopic
> libgles1-mesa-lts-utopic libgles2-mesa-lts-utopic
> libopenvg1-mesa-lts-utopic libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-utopic
> libxatracker2-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-core-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-input-evdev-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-input-mouse-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-video-ati-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-cirrus-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-fbdev-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-mach64-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-video-mga-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-modesetting-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-neomagic-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-nouveau-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-openchrome-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-r128-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-radeon-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-savage-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-sisusb-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-tdfx-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-trident-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-video-vesa-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-video-vmware-lts-utopic
> ---------------------------------
>
> it's clear that apt is removing the xorg !!
> i accepted that (just to see the result)
> then ubuntu-sdk successfully installed BUT just after reboot xorg is
> broken and i have to install that packeges to get it back BUT it will
> remove ubuntu-sdk
>
> so i cant get ubuntu-sdk along side with xorg
>
> can you help ?

Hi Leouss,

This looks like a dependency problem. The Ubuntu SDK Team page also
says: "Ubuntu SDK for application development. Please also enable the
following PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-proper
<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecanonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-proper>" but
that is obsolete now and takes you to
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/ubuntu/qt5-beta2
with instructions at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/QtTesting.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Ubuntu SDK and have never
worked with it. If you don't get any other feedback regarding this,
please consider joining #ubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net and ask for
assistance or point out a problem with the PPA. Alternatively you can
try installing it again in a few hours/days.

Hopefully some one else might have some more information to share for
this particular problem.

Thanks

--
All the best,