Ubuntu gnome logo

Patrik Bubák bubapa at privacyrequired.com
Sat Aug 22 11:51:34 UTC 2015

Better yet, I can illustrate a nice example that just came to mind,

- this is the logo of the popular Arch-based Linux distribution called
Antergos
- this is the logo of a local university where I live

Look at both properly and I'm sure you will notice very similar
patterns. To me those two looks very much identical colour tones and
shapes, but still they convey something very different.

AAU (Aalborg University) was definitely the first one to adopt the
pattern and if they wanted to be really mean they could sue Antergos for
copying their patterns, but no one does such a thing, because it's a)
lame and b) totally not worth the effort since c) they have nothing in
common apart from the pattern.

There are so many results like these that people could sue one another
endlessly and nobody does that, because while one company may have a
gorilla in their logo for delivering bananas another company may have it
because they produce whey protein coctails and want to use the gorilla
as an expression of raw strength.

I hope this answers your question.

--
Sent using Evolution from Ubuntu

Nothing ruins creativity like too many voices weighing in. We call it
the Ice Cream Principle. Tell 10 people to go get ice cream with one
condition: they all have to agree on one flavour. That flavour is going
to be chocolate or vanilla every time. Groups of people don't agree on
what's cool or interesting, they agree on what's easy to agree on.