Question regarding the upgrade to 14.04.3

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 01:11:14 UTC 2015

On 08/05/2015 03:23 PM, Bruce Pieterse wrote:

> On 03/08/2015 17:10, Patrik Bubák wrote:
>> Thanks a lot, that made things pretty clear.
>>
>> On Mon, 2015-08-03 at 09:34 -0500, Erick Brunzell wrote:
>>> Oopsy - below I said the 14.04.2, 14.04.3, and 14.04.4 HWE stacks
>>> would reach HWE EOL in August 2017. That should have said August
>>> 2016!!!!!! Sorry for the goof up.
>>>
>>> Lance

>> --
>> Sent using Evolution <https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/> from
>> Ubuntu <http://ubuntu.com/desktop>
>>
>> Nothing ruins creativity like too many voices weighing in. We call it
>> the /Ice Cream Principle/. Tell 10 people to go get ice cream with one
>> condition: they all have to agree on one flavour. That flavour is going
>> to be chocolate or vanilla every time. Groups of people don't agree on
>> what's cool or interesting, they agree on what's easy to agree on.
>>

> This makes excellent FAQ material. Where should this go?
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+faqs or
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FAQ or both?

Probably best for Ali to weigh in on this since he's done the lions
share of Wiki work for the team.

Remember I made a boo-boo about dates (which is a bad thing) so it's
best to rely on facts:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack#Kernel.2BAC8-Support.A14.04.x_Ubuntu_Kernel_Support

Also I couldn't for the life of me remember the package name responsible
for displaying OS version but it's 'base-files'. The most recent Trusty
changelog is self explanatory:

base-files (7.2ubuntu5.3) trusty; urgency=medium

   * /etc/issue, /etc/issue.net, /etc/lsb-release, /etc/os-release: Bump
     version number to 14.04.3 in preparation for the point release.

  -- Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu.com>  Mon, 03 Aug 2015 10:39:14 -0600

Can't think of anything else to add at the moment.

Lance