Help needed to test 14.04.3

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 03:04:16 UTC 2015

On 08/02/2015 04:17 AM, Tim wrote:

> On 02/08/15 18:43, Narcis Garcia wrote:
>> There is a problem about 14.04.2 and above: those .iso versions haven't
>> the support of LTS.
>> Currently I make 14.04.1 installations and upgrade packages from it, and
>> in this way all updates and support will be available for whole LTS cycle.
> Generally it is expected that if you opt in to the updated kernels and HWE stacks, that you migrate to 14.04.5 stacks which are supported for
> the remainder of the LTS cycle. And yes these updated stacks are included by default in all ISO's past 14.04.2.
>
> It is possible to downgrade to the original stacks from any of the releases, but admittedly that is not exactly trivial.

Much easier (and preferable) to upgrade to the newer HWE stack when the
14.04.2, 14.04.3, and 14.04.4 stacks reach HWE EOL.

I would like to clarify though, this is only a call for testing to
identify and report any bugs as they relate to the upcoming 14.04.3
point release. Those running a stable Trusty install should NOT try
upgrading to the newer HWE stack!!!!

I should be able to begin testing some time late tomorrow.

Lance