Ubuntu GNOME new logo concept (preview)

Patrik Bubák bubapa at privacyrequired.com
Wed Apr 29 05:48:26 UTC 2015

Taken from Licensing Guidelines over at GNOME:

> You may make fair use of GNOME word marks to make true factual
> statements GNOME, or to truthfully communicate that your product or
> service is compatible with, designed for use with, or was designed
> using, GNOME. Assertions of compatibility, design, must, of course, be
> accurate. You cannot use GNOME logos or stylizations of GNOME word or
> other GNOME Trademarks unless you have explicit written permission to
> do so. You should not in any way state or imply that GNOME produces,
> endorses, or supports your company, products, or services unless you
> have explicit written permission to do so. When making fair use of a
> GNOME Trademark, you should acknowledge that the GNOME Foundation owns
> the trademark. The following language is appropriate: “The GNOME logo
> and GNOME name are registered trademarks or trademarks of GNOME
> Foundation in the United States or other countries.”

One of the many things one learns in a design school is to make
appropriate design decisions and using somebody else's logo in their own
is not one of them.

As I stated before, the proper reasoning and design choices made will be
presented to everyone after I will have more time. This was just to show
that we are not just lurking in the shadows doing nothing.

Take care.

V Streda, 29. apríl 2015 o 02:25 +0200, Alfredo Hernández napísal(a):