Live-CD in Qemu

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Tue Apr 28 11:30:37 UTC 2015

Tim: I need to virtualize this kind of checkings, because I often run
several number of machines at once to perform and compare simultaneous
actions and interactions.
I'm talking about Qemu because I use Matromu utility to call Qemu
(simpler than any other interface).
- I'm using Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 up-to-date
- QEMU emulator version 2.0.0 (Debian 2.0.0+dfsg-2ubuntu1.10)

* I've tried all:
-vga [std|cirrus|vmware|qxl|xenfb|tcx|cg3|none]
but no luck.

* I've tried gnome-boxes but: 1. Doesn't manage properly Qemu RAM
limits, and fails with more than 2GiB at 32bits. 2. Same results with
the desktop loading (repeated graphic modes trying is seen)

* Which package can I install from repositories to run VMware?

* VirtualBox did the job (requires to enable PAE but then allows upto
3.5GiB of RAM for 32bit guest). But it's not a rapid tool for often and
diverse virtualisations (no complete command line management). I'll use
it only for strange cases as this Ubuntu-Gnome-Vivid.

El 27/04/15 a les 10:19, Alfredo Hernández ha escrit: