Did an upgrade to 15.04 from 14.10: Reporting bugs

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 28 07:11:34 UTC 2015

On 28/04/15 15:56, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> Hardware: It is a laptop Dell Vostro 5470
>> >
>> > Where can I get logs from to check better what's going on?
> journalctl is nice, for seeing all system logs aggregated in one place.
>
> Some session logs are in ~/.cache/upstart/ (15.04 uses systemd for the
> system boot and upstart for user sessions.)
I don't think they ever got upstart user sessions working under systemd, atleast they arent working on ubuntu GNOME

> There's also ~/.cache/gdm/session.log, but it isn't likely to contain
> useful information.
gdm logs are in /var/log/gdm

However if you have a really slow boot (like minutes) then probably some service is hanging and systemd waits for a timeout before killing it.

In that case you can boot with systemd.log_level=debug and dump the full logs from journalctl into a systemd bug