Graphics problems during Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 installation

Swarnendu Biswas swarnendu_cse at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 20:22:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 daily build, the "install disk" test case passes, and I have updated it.

A issue that I noted was that the screen flickers and there are graphics problems (e.g., several mouse pointers) on my laptop. I am using a Dell XPS 15z L502X model, with a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M card. The interesting thing is that I didn't experience such screen flickering issues with older releases on the same hardware.

I am not sure whether this is a bug, and others have noticed it.

--
Swarnendu Biswas.