Ubuntu GNOME Survey/Poll

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Wed Oct 29 07:43:11 UTC 2014

On 29/10/14 14:16, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With the release of Ubuntu GNOME 14.10, this project has hit the 2 years (4 cycles and 5 releases) milestone and I was thinking - beside tons
> of other ideas in mind for Ubuntu GNOME - to create a survey/poll and ask the whole community about their opinion about:
>
> (1) Ubuntu GNOME as a system
> (2) Ubuntu GNOME as a community
> (3) How to improve the system for the future releases
> (4) How to improve the community
>
> These are the main categories in mind as of now.
>
> What do you think about the idea?!
I think its a good idea but we need to be careful to structure it so we get useful results, for example rather than asking should Ubuntu GNOME
ship with the latest GNOME (everyone will just answer yes to that). Maybe ask what do you value most in a release: a.) Stablility, b.) bleeding
edge software etc

> Also, any suggestion/idea/feedback/notes for the Qs which we shall ask everyone to vote for? I'd suggest NOT to exceed 10 Qs 'maximum' and not
> to go below 5 Qs 'minimum' IMHO :)
No vote (on the questions)! that would defy all purpose of a survery, probably best for TL's and Acting TL's to come up with question they think
are relevant to their area! Our users are voting by completing the survey :)