Ubuntu GNOME Translations

Jānis Marks Gailis jeanmarc.gailis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:31:57 UTC 2014

Hello Everybody,
I'm currently working on some mozilla projects (Firefox OS, mozilla.org)
but sure, I can help for ubuntu GNOME translations.

> Sure, maybe you could make a list, what should be translated first and
> second and so on? Maybe the ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu-gnome could also be
> include, even if its translated by ubuntu, but we could make sure
> everything is done there.

​Well, maybe we could make a pad to list everything needed to be translated.
Sorry, but for​ ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu-gnome, this is the job of
Ubuntu's Translation Teams. Not our. If we consider it's our, then we will
need enough translators for at least 50 languages. Actually we cannot
handle this.
I think we  should better focus on translating marketing stuff, and things
like release notes.

About the translating platform, launchpad is great for software, but for
things like release notes, I think that we should better use pads (on
papad.org for example).

Here is the pad for translating the Release Notes:
http://papad.org/p/UbuntuGNOME-1410ReleaseNotesTranslations