[Ubuntugnome-qa] The Last Testing Round for Utopic Unicorn

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Oct 23 18:52:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:15:20PM +1100, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Are you guys using the ISO Tracker?
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/325/builds
>
> I see only few are using it and the majority are not. I'd appreciate if we
> could all use it, please :)

I did a couple of amd64 tests yesterday with KVM and reported my results to
the tracker.  First time testing, thanks to your prompting ;)

I tried an i386 install test on real hardware today, which failed.  I
decided not to report the test to the tracker since the hardware doesn't
meet the minimum specifications.  This Asus EeePC 900 has only 1 GB of
RAM and the installer crashes due to an out of memory error late in last
stage of the install process (http://pad.lv/1384654).

For the record, I managed to resurrect the broken installation and the
Asus is now successfully running 14.10 final.  (The only difference from
the final RC was in tzdata, and that came from utopic-updates rather
than the main utopic archive.)

Marius Gedminas
--
I swear that the displayport specification is the most complicated mechanism
humans have yet invented for failing to put pixels on a screen.