[Change #4] Ubuntu GNOME Community and Sub-Teams

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Wed Nov 26 07:49:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

May I have your attention, please?

Starting this cycle, I have created this list:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/TeamStructure

This list explains the current structure of our team.

Also, there is another important page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/Roles

Was created this cycle too.

When I joined Ubuntu GNOME in July 2013, I joined to take care of the QA
side only. I ended after a month or so the team leader of 5 Sub-Teams and
many tasks. From that time until now, I'm house keeping 5 different
Sub-Teams. My private chat with Tim was in short stated: I will take care
of these Sub-Teams until someone steps in and take over.

This cycle, a lot has happened. It seems, finally, I can reduce the tasks I
have in hands and focus on less areas. Also, it is time for others to step
in and shine. It is time for this Community to work as a team and show more
commitment.

This was in mind for sometime now. I did not wish to announce or do
anything until I find the right person. Luckily, I found more than one :)

Areas I would like to remain with:

   1. Brainstorming
   2. QA
   3. Wiki & Docs, unless I find my replacement.

Areas I would like to hand over:

   1. HR
   2. Marketing and Communications
   3. Social Media Channels

Just for the record, Tim is the Technical Manager of this project. I am the
Community Manager or the Non-Technical, although QA is not really a
community but rather technical.

So, it is time to expand the Leaders Board of Ubuntu GNOME.

Now, before someone may say that why so many titles, etc?

To keep it simple and short, these titles does not mean at all that he/she
with a title is a superman/superwoman and others are nothing but beginners.
That is totally wrong. It just means that X with a title or a specific role
is doing this and that. It is a way to know who is what and who is where,
that is all.

Luckily, other areas like Translations will get a driver/team-leader :D

I'm sure this cycle will be extraordinary and unique.

Oh, and before I forget, each Sub-Team MUST have an Acting Team Leader to
help and step in when a Team Leader is away.

http://ubuntugnome.org/acting-team-leader/

Why I am brothering you with these details?

Because we, FLOSS people, must be 100% clear, direct, honest and open with
anyone. I believe, to build a good relation with everyone within a
community or a project, people involved must communicate together. That's
the aim behind this email.

Thank you!

P.S.

Wait for some announcements soon ;)

Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
http://torios.org - StartUbuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu> -
http://amjjawad.net

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GetUbuntuGNOME>