Can't use Synaptic with GNOME 3.12 (PPA)

Christian Dysthe cdysthe at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:50:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am having a problem with Synaptic in Gnome 3.12 (from PPA) in Ubuntu
GNOME 14.04. Synaptic is very slow and takes almost a minute to be ready
for use. But as soon as I type in search or try to apply anything it
hangs again for another minute. It's is unusable for all practical
purposes. It also slows down the whole desktop and turn animations
jerky. I am not able to close Synaptic either having to kill the
process. Everything else seems to work fine. How and where should I

//Christian
Dropbox - Your files from anywhere: http://db.tt/U8MqkVR