[Reminder] Please test the 'latest' daily build

Michael Flaig mflaig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:30:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Fujitsu U904 to test UbuntuGNOME 14.04 on it.
I'm always using bleeding edge, so running trusty already on my Thinkpad
T61 since Alpha.

For the U904 I will do a fresh install and I'm going to test the beta2
in a few runs as it will be quite fast to install. I did a Ubuntu 14.04
install already to check out if unity can do HiDPI, which it can't as it
seems.

Anyway, should I report my findings about Ubuntugnome beta2 to
ubuntu-gnome or ubuntugnome-qa list?

A few details about the hardware for those interested:
- Core i7
- 10 GB Ram / 256 GB SSD
- Wifi N, WWAN LTE, etc.
- 14" HiDPI Screen with 3200x1800 (Non-glossy, No touch)

I just did a quick switch to ubuntugnome (Gnome 3.12) just to show my
co-workers that Gnome does have nice HiDPI Support. But it seems it
doesn't as of today, or do I have to enable something manually?

Anyone can recommend some really recent (as in "applies to Gnome 3.12)
articles to read up? I searched the net but lot of the stuff is
outdated...

Thank you,

Michael