14.04 Release Notes

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Mar 21 13:15:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:58:33PM -0500, James Vorderbruggen wrote:
>     I'm working on building the release notes right now at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuGNOME, and I'm
> stuck on two things.
>
>  * How much of GNOME 13.10 will we be implementing?
>  * Where can people add the missing packages?
>
> Thanks to anyone who can answer this.  Also, if anyone on the
> development or packaging team has suggestions for features to
> highlight in the release notes, let me know! :)

I saw a recommendation on this list to run ppa-purge before upgrading
from Ubuntu GNOME 3.10 to Ubuntu GNOME 14.04, if one has the
gnome3-team/gnome3 PPA enabled.  The release notes don't mention that.

(It would also be nice to have a link to a document telling users on
stock Ubuntu who would like to cross-grade to Ubuntu GNOME how they
could do that.  Assuming such a document exists.)

Marius Gedminas
--
There are a lotta computer languages out there doing drugs.
		-- Larry Wall