Discussion about ubuntugnome.org

Naeil Zoùeidi naeilzoueidi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 19:39:15 UTC 2014

Hey all ,

I'm a new Member on Ubuntu GNOME group , my name's Naeîl Zoueidi from
TUNISIA , I write this mail to discuss about some failles on the official
website
actually, I'm an ethical hacker and for this, I totally checked the whole
website if it contains some vulnerability or not .. Fortunately, the
website is really secure :D
but there's only one little bug that could be used by attackers to make an
educated guess about the application environment and any inherited
weaknesses that may come with it.

banner: Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
request:
GET http://ubuntugnome.org/ HTTP/1.1
banner:
request:
GET http://ubuntugnome.org/ HTTP/1.1

solution: It is recommended to prevent the application from disclosing its
type and version.

*Best Regards*
*Naeîl Zoueidi*
*An Ubuntu-tn Member & FOSS Supporter*
*"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy*