Can not connect Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 to my HDMI Sony Bravia TV

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Tue Mar 4 22:57:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Tim <tim at feathertop.org> wrote:

> On 05/03/14 09:37, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Tim <tim at feathertop.org> wrote:
>

>> On 04/03/14 21:41, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  Yes, it is my turn to seek help :)
>>
>>  Ali!!!! You know exactly what I am going to say now, don't you?!?!
>> File a bug (and attach output from xrandr -q)!
>>

>  Hi,
>
> I can not. The laptop is with her (my neighbor) not with me :)
>
>  Lubuntu and Xubuntu worked just fine so I wanted to think the positive
> way, not the negative way but guess that was a mistake ;)
>
>    There is nothing negative about filing a bug....

No, no, I didn't mean that :(

What I meant is: I was trying to think the positive way that there is NO
bug at all :D

You see my point now? Sorry, can't help it, I love Ubuntu GNOME and I hate
to know that was a bug :D

Anyway, if you really think this is a bug (of course I trust you), I will
go maybe tomorrow to pick up the laptop or ask her to bring it to me.

I'm just a bit worried she might ask me to replace the system. She said she
cares about the HDMI thing a lot :(

Maybe I need to do some of my magic ;)