[Attention] Testing Ubuntu GNOME and QA Team Activities

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:31:50 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Now that Ubuntu GNOME Utopic Unicorn Alpha 1 was released [1], we are back
to test the daily builds [2].

Whether you're NEW to testing or not, kindly help yourself and read:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing

If you have any Q, kindly ask :)

As for Ubuntu GNOME QA Team [3] Activities, yet again, this team is
suffering from a serious issue that is 'Internal Communications' :)

It is either that everything is fine so that no communications at all
between the members of that team OR no one is doing anything. Either way,
something is wrong and must be addressed.

I do hope you have seen this:
http://ubuntugnome.org/acting-team-leader/

If truth to be told, I have NO idea who could help with this as I don't
know who is the most active tester for Ubuntu GNOME because he/she is
silent and communicate less :)

While I do appreciate ALL the efforts you have put so far, we as a team
need to communicate between each other and therefore, we do have a team on
Launchpad and a Mailing List [4] :)

You see, many changes are happening within Ubuntu GNOME community and if I
have to, I'm ready to do a full re-structure to our Sub-Teams [5] if I
really have to. Some Sub-Teams are NOT working as a team at all. This is
not good nor helpful.

I hope you see my point here. We must work as a team, period.

*That said, members of Ubuntu GNOME QA Team are kindly required to 'Reply'
this email so that I prepare a list of those who are active and call them
for a meeting.*

What I have in mind right now is to do a strict exception that membership
of Ubuntu GNOME QA Team will no longer be 90 days but rather 30 days.

For more details, please read:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Community

and

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/SubTeams#What_is_a_Sub-Team

Kindly treat this email as a very important and I'm waiting for your
replies.

Thanks!

[1] - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/releases/14.10/alpha-1/

[2] - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/daily-live/current

[3] - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa

[4] - ubuntugnome-qa at lists.launchpad.net

[5] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/SubTeams

P.S.
Red Color and Bold Text is not shouting, just kind of highlight.