How to remove gnome documents?

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 11 23:34:04 UTC 2014

On 11/06/14 23:18, Steve Ovens wrote:
> I am going to bump this back up. This is kind of an important thing to me. Its functionality that works in Arch but not Ubuntu Gnome. If I
> enable gnome-documents, the recently used documents show up in the activities menu but I cant do anything with gnome documents (what an
> irritating program). When I have just nautilus, there are no search results displayed.
Which search provider is returning the results in arch though? Nautilus?

Nautilus in stock 14.04 does not have tracker support, so full file search won't work, however I thought in that case it still returns the
recent documents as results, maybe that was wrong.

There is a nautilus 3.10 build with tracker support on gnome3/utopic PPA, try test with that (should hopefully work ok on trusty), otherwise I
think nautilus 3.12 on staging is also built with tracker support.