Including themes and icons in Ubuntu GNOME

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 8 10:29:28 UTC 2014

On 08/07/14 00:46, Satyajit Sahoo wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I think it's nice to have some choices for themes and icons in the default install.
We can only include themes/icons that are in the archive. That more or less means that you guys will have to work to get required themes into
debian and/or ubuntu Archives.

While I am not against adding extra themes, they will need to be tested well under gnome-shell, gtk themes are often glitchy, and shell themes
just tend to outright break after upgrades. Icon themes are probably a little safer, bar the odd missing icon.