Moment of Truth

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 12:19:33 UTC 2014

Hi Ubuntu GNOME QA Team,

I am including the main list as well :)

>From now and on, I will have more time for the QA Team which to be honest,
I have been a bit far from lately due to many reasons that you might be
aware of: I am handling '4' sub-teams at the same time :)

The work progress with the other sub-teams are really great so, starting
from today, I will have more time for the QA so be ready for my nagging :P

Okay, to be honest, I am wondering why Ubuntu GNOME QA have so many members
but the activities on the mailing lists don't really reflect that quantity?

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa/+members#active

That makes me think:

1- Either Ubuntu GNOME Trusty is ROCK SOLID and there are really few issues
which is super great
OR
2- Only few are active (those who are sending emails and reporting bugs -
do communicate and make themselves known) and the rest are INACTIVE which
is not acceptable :)

You see, we do need Quality over Quantity and this what I have been
personally doing for the past few months :)

All the other sub-teams are doing great specially the Wiki Team.
Our Marketing and Communications sub-team is doing great as well.
All these emails and planning is part of the Brainstorming Team.

So, I'd like to hear/read from you about the QA Team :)

- What do you think of this team?
- What do we really need?
- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing has been updated 2 weeks ago
so is that enough? or is it still hard to follow?
- Should I worry and start recruiting more members/testers?
- Is it really mission impossible to have a meeting for the QA team?
- Whatever you have in mind, please ask :)

I will be waiting for your reply :)

While everything seems to be okay for now since we are on the Alpha 1 and
soon, will have Alpha 2 but that should not mean we take it easy :)

>From my side, I will take sometime to come up with some 'new' ideas for
this team to make things be better, more fun and excited. BUT, I do need to
hear from you first, please :)

Thank you!