Ubuntu GNOME Translation

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 16:35:10 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Jean-Marc Gailis
<jeanmarc.gailis at gmail.com>wrote:

> If I can, I do it.
> Thanks!

If you are IN, then please edit both the Wiki and the Blueprint as
explained :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Translations
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntu-gnome-translation

> I will send a message to ubuntu-translators mailing-list in the further
> days to ask for people.

I think this is good idea to start from :)

> What do we have to translate?

Ah, you are asking the wrong person here :D

Maybe Tim can enlighten us of what is best to be translated?

What you usually translate with other projects?

I am trying to figure out a way to translate the 'important' news of our
team and stuff like that so we can spread the word in different languages
but I am not yet sure which is the best area to publish these translations?

For example:
http://ubuntugnome.org/ubuntu-gnome-team-is-growing/
or
http://ubuntugnome.org/2013-achievements/
or
http://ubuntugnome.org/urgent-need-for-more-contributors/

We can't offer a translated text on our website.

That is why we need someone who has experience with Translations and knows
what he/she is doing :)
Who might be able to enlighten us of the best way/approach to start and
then we can spread the word of Ubuntu GNOME in different languages and gain
more users, followers, contributors, etc.