Including a new GTK theme in Ubuntu GNOME

Christian Dysthe cdysthe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 19:37:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 00:46 +0530, Satyajit Sahoo wrote:
> We cannot include a Gnome Shell theme for obvious reasons. They break
> every release, and when a user installs a newer Gnome version through
> PPA, it'll be pretty broken.

This is news to me, but I'm relatively new to Gnome Shell. Anyway, I use
the Moka icon, GTK and Gnome-Shell teams. On one machine I updated to
3.10 using the PPA and Evolution had some weird color problems. Could
that be because I had a Gnome-Shell (or other) theme enabled when I
upgraded Gnome? Will a Gnome-Shell theme cause problems with an upgrade
it you remove it first?

--
//Christian
Dropbox - Your stuff anywhere! - https://db.tt/U8MqkVR