Anyone running with the Gnome3 Team PPA?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Feb 10 11:20:16 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 08:32:39AM -0600, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> I now have Ubuntu GNOME on all my laptops. One one of them I'm able to
> live a little bit on the bleeding edge and wondered if the Gnome3 Team
> PPA is worth trying. Is anyone here running it, and is it usable for
> daily use for someone who can live with a glitch now and then?

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 with the gnome3-team/gnome3 PPA.  It has GNOME 3.10
instead of 3.8.  There are some minor buglets (e.g. Alt-RMB dragging to
resize triggers https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1272392;
shield background in the lock screen is confused by multi-monitor
changes and sometimes shows up black).  Otherwise it's perfectly usable.

> The PPA here: https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3

Yep, that's the one.

Marius Gedminas
--
/*
 * So we're all set to release this lock.. wait what lock? We don't