Question About Privacy and missing Privacy under Settings

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Sun Feb 9 16:06:22 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Simon Andrä <djshira at live.de> wrote:

> Hello, i want ask why the "PRivacy" is missing under settings.
>
> I want also know ifthe "official Ubuntu" Spyware deletet in ubuntu gnome?
> I mean the Amazon search, search and ip logs etc because im very in the
> security stuff

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Nothing personal against you nor anyone but I am really puzzled. Where that
'Privacy' thing has come from?

This is the 2nd time at the same week with the very same Question. Is there
any rumors or something on the Internet about that which I am not aware of?

I think we need an official statement on our website and social media
channels to make things clear, also on our Wiki area.

@Simon,

Steve has answered your question:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2014-February/001546.html

@Everyone
We need to clear this confusion ASAP :)

Thank you!

*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>