Team Meetings, yet again

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Mon Feb 3 10:57:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Ali/amjjawad <amjjawad at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know, I know. I am too not sure if that is even possible. I've been
> suffering from having a decent meeting and it seems it is not going to
> happen but I don't give up :)
>
> Let's see ...
> What do you prefer?
> A meeting on IRC/Google+ to discuss the important issue?
>
> OR
>
> An email to be sent and the discussion will be on the mailing list?
>
> I do need to sit and talk with each sub-team.
>
> I have noticed lots of good and not good stuff that we need to address
> before we release 14.04 and before we go for 14.10 :)
>
> Let's make this as easy and simple as possible.
>
> What do you prefer?
> Meeting?
> Email?
>
> Vote!
>
> Thank you :)
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> *Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
> Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
> Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
> Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>
> Download Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GetUbuntuGNOME>

If I am allowed to vote on my own Poll/Question then:

+1 for Hangout

It is not only recorded, but the whole world can 'watch' and 'understand'.
Rather than going through a list of text that might make someone lost or
confused. That is my own opinion of course :)

I'd also vote for both: IRC and Hangout.

I'd say: -1 for mailing lists discussions.
The meeting is important to build good relation between the team members +
make sure everyone has understood what he/she needs to do + very effective
way to stay up-to-date on real life + other benefits.

The problem is, as always: 'when' :)

It would be easier for people in Europe to agree about the same time but I
know Tim will have hard time to attend.

What I have in mind:
Meeting either for the whole team OR a meeting for each sub-team.

Doesn't matter for me, both are okay.

Let's move forward, please :)