HTML5 Ubuntu GNOME Simulator

Keith I Myers keithiokepamyers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:46:33 UTC 2014

Hello All,
I had issues sleeping last night so I had to do what every reasonable geek
would do, build something.

I created a very basic Ubuntu GNOME Simulator that runs inside your web
browser. It is VERY rough around the edges right now but it may have some
potential when it comes to showing users what Ubuntu GNOME feels like
before they install.

You can access the partially functional demo with the link below. The site
is best viewed on Firefox or Chrome and on a high res screen if possible.

http://ubuntu-gnome.kmyers.me/?showguide=false

So far, all you can really do is launch the activities menu and select the
Ubuntu Software Center and A terminal. I tried to simulate the feel of
Gnome Shell as much as possible, the escape key exits the main launcher.

I also coded a simple guide to help potential users navigate the system

http://ubuntu-gnome.kmyers.me/?showguide=true

Thoughts?
--

[image: --]