Following up on the website

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Sat Aug 30 22:21:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Niels Vermaut <nielsvermaut at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hi and thanks for your email :)

> I know I have been silent for a while, but work has been super busy (you
> can see it on my GitHub acocunt :p).

I am one of those who do understand exactly what does that mean. Sadly,
because of real life, I feel so guilty that I can't do much this cycle for
Ubuntu GNOME. But real life is real life and can't be ignored.

> However, my contract ends this Tuesday, which means I'm back at designing
> for the website.

Good luck and wish you all the best. Not sure what you mean but I guess you
are shifting work?

> The polish you guys asked will be implemented, but you'll need to state
> what you guys see as 'polish'.

I took a quick look and not trying to be negative here but I was really
expecting something different .. nothing in mind to be honest but if we
wish to go for a new design for our website, I'd prefer something really
different. But that is just me :)

> What I need to mention is that content will not be managed by me, or let
> me restate, I'm not aware that I need to do so, so the content in the pages
> is filler.

I am afraid I did not understand what you mean here?!

> If you guys also want me to write things like the min specs and such, then
> let me know, but everything should be editable in the Wordpress UI.
>
> If you forgot where we are, you can view it on my portfolio
> <http://nielsvermaut.eu/portfolio/ubuntugnome/>, and if you guys want to
> see it live, give a a webserver and I'll develop there.
>
> Greetings

Thanks!

> Niels Vermaut
>
> Wanna see something I did? Check out my Portfolio!
> <http://nielsvermaut.eu/>
>   <https://twitter.com/nielsvermaut>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=214392054t>
> <http://github.com/nielsvermaut>

*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>