GNOME Core Applications

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Thu Aug 28 23:20:35 UTC 2014

It would be nice, but unfortunately WebkitGTK do not do security fix updates for the stable releases. This is in particular, a huge problem for
the LTS releases, that need security support for 3 years.

With Firefox we don't have to worry about any of that since Canonical provides maintenance for firefox.

Also Firefox should fit into GNOME better once the GTK3 port lands