Don't forget the ppa-purge!

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Apr 18 07:04:05 UTC 2014

Just a reminder that if you forget to ppa-purge the GNOME 3 PPA,
upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 is going to get very painful.

(I'm currently mucking about with aptitude in /dev/tty1 because I forgot
to run ppa-purge in all the excitement.  I hope the way my GUI upgrade
process crashed about 10% in by just deciding to stop gdm was caused by
the same reason and isn't a genuine bug in the Ubuntu gdm package.)

Marius Gedminas,
--
In order to get a loan you must first prove you don't need it.