Install problems 13.10 beta2 (Pleasy Reply to this copy)

Felix Oxley felix at oxley.org
Sun Sep 29 13:44:13 UTC 2013

Machine HP ML 115
AMD Opteron 1352 Quad core 2.1 GHz
4GB RAM
Disks: 1 x 160GB Sata as /boot /tmp swap /home and /
3x 250GB Sata in mdraid Raid5 array as /data
Current OS: Ubuntu 12.10

1. Beta2 Cd only intermittently boots to installer (language selection)
It seems that if I press Caps Lock a few times during the boot sequence it
will manage to get to the installer screen)

2. Running CD integrity check never completes (>1 hour)
3. Selecting Install or Test results in the following screen:

     BusyBox v1.20.2 (Ubuntu 1:120.0-8.1ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)
     Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands

     (initramfs)

N.B. Keyboard is non functional at this point
(I have tried with acpi=off apicoff nodmraid)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,
Felix

p.s. sorry for the duplicated message. Please reply to this copy.