[Translation] Wiki Page and Activities

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 22:43:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Иван Иванов <inivanoff1 at abv.bg> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will take care of the translations, I have some ideas and I will share
> all of them with all the members.

Hi,

Thank you so much for stepping in, I do appreciate that :)
That is the spirit we need in each and every area ;)

> Of course, I need help here, because I don't know hundred languages ;D

That is why, we work as a team :)
I am sure others will jump in to help you!

> Ali, I need to talk with you about the formatting of the translations
> page, because you are a moderator and editor of the wiki pages for the
> project and I want to hear (read) your requirements, recommendations,
> advices. Because all the pages have to be with the same style and
> formatting.

The Wiki Area is a Documentation Area and Help Area and also a Support Area
all at the same time. It helps each and everyone as the first quick
reference for any issue and of course, the more information which must be
up-to-date, the better and strong Wiki Area it will be.
When it comes to Translation Page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Translations

Please, let's keep in mind that there will be NO translations whatsoever to
be made on that area. We are NOT going to translate the Wiki Area, as far
as I'm thinking, and as far as I know, as per this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations the point is to do a translation for
the System itself.

While I am a Wiki Person, I am way too far from being a Translator and that
is why, I have included this link: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations on
our page.

Our page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Translations) will discuss
our activities, plans, etc for the Translation process.

Please, let's ALL keep in mind that we are building a Team right now. We
are recruiting. We are forming an empire called Ubuntu GNOME Team and this
will never be done in one day ;) Roma wasn't built in few days :)

Having that said, patient my friends and let's take it easy but work hard
side by side.

Technically, and someone may correct me if I am wrong, the translations
need to be done on Launchpad.

I strongly recommend to have a look at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations

And if you guys have any Q 'related to translation', it would be much
better to ask Ubuntu Translation Team.

Thank you!

P.S.
Don't worry about formatting the page, once we build it and have some text,
we can polish it then :)