Testdrive fails to boot Saucy Beta 2, CPU not PAE supported

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:38:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Romuald TISSERAND <rtisserand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry for the mistake.

No worries, it is okay :)

> In 12.04 you were be able to install on non PAE CPU with the alternate CD.

Only with Lubuntu which has many ISO more than any other flavour -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/Why_So_Many_ISOs
And, we were able to do that as well from the Desktop ISO too.

> Didn't know this has changed.

Just to make sure we both at the same page, Both Alternate and Desktop ISOs
have the same Kernel, it is just the installation approach that is
different (GUI vs CLI).

> romu

Thank you!