Breaking the CoC [was: Re: Documenting PPA's online for the interested]

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:39:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Phil Wyett <one.ukit at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 15:53 +0400, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Phil Wyett <one.ukit at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         There is much conversation about gnome3 PPA and next etc.
> >         However the
> >         site nor the wiki carry any lead documents for people to get
> >         onboard and
> >         test with or help with. Can this be corrected?
> >
> >         Regards
> >
> >         Phil
> >

> > Hi Phil,
> >

> > "Be the change you want to see around" :D I do believe in this :)
> >

> Nice quote that was not in my email. Don't ever cross quote me!
>
> And the rest of your email deals with less than what the project is
> doing. If you are dealing with releases - document as is. For people to
> get involved with testing backport and up packages please split pages
> and and help people into the movement of ubuntu gnome.
>
> Ok. I will help in this work, but there is way too much internal
> reference without docs that makes people feel like outsiders and scared
> to come into the group. QA on this project is rubbish and obviously
> handled by someone without industry experience.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

May I ask you to please read this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs#Mailing_List

Code of Conduct

The Ubuntu Code of Conduct governs all interaction within the Ubuntu
community. Because mailing lists form an integral part of that interaction,
it is especially important to bear the Code of Conduct in mind at all
times. Mailing list users should read the Code of Conduct in
full<http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct>,
and if possible, should digitally sign a copy
<https://launchpad.net/codeofconduct>.

Fundamental aspects of the Code of Conduct relevant to mailing lists
include:

   - Be considerate
   - Be respectful
   - Be collaborative
   - When you disagree, consult others
   - When you are unsure, ask for help
   - Step down considerately
   - Avoid flamewars, trolling, personal attacks, and repetitive arguments

While your intentions seem good, your attitude is not appreciated so I am
asking you kindly to watch your language :)

And, if you think something is wrong, I'd be very interested if you could
correct it or find someone who might be able to ;)

Disagree but DO NOT disrespect.
This is a friendly reminder!

Thanks for your understanding :)