[Artwork] Ubiquity Slideshow discussion.

Phil Wyett one.ukit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:25:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 02:52 -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 19 September 2013 02:24, Alfredo Hernández
> <aldomann.designs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > New slides's descriptions (as suggested by Ali, with slight modifications).
> > New slide: Start Ubuntu.
> > Updated screenshots (accessibility and desktop, which shows the new default
> > FootFall background).
> > Spell check (a few words were misspent)
>
> I don't think we should include the Start Ubuntu slide. It emphasizes
> the Linux brand and I don't think Ubuntu needs to do that. It directly
> attacks Microsoft and I don't think the Ubuntu GNOME community should
> be attacking others.
>
> I think 10 slides is plenty; we don't need an 11th one that doesn't
> really fit with the others. The others slides are a quick tour of what
> Ubuntu GNOME offers but Start Ubuntu is a separate advertising
> project.

Dropping that particular slide is a good idea. Let's forget the mention
of 'Linux' and 'Windows'. All one really has to think is that the slide
is asking you to think about migrating and that Ubuntu Gnome makes it
easier. All this during the install process where decisions have already
been made and the thinking bit is past.

If someone wished to create a similar slide in the future. It would be
better based around interoperability. How Ubuntu can work with other OS
files etc.

Regards

Phil