Issue with the notification area

Michael Flaig mflaig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 21:41:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I cannot confirm the problem with the notification bar on my system.
Honestly I think it got much easier to trigger than before!?

I'm using the internal point stick on my thinkpad T61 as well as a the
point stick on my external keyboard when docked with no issues and it is
easy to trigger with the point stick. I think less force is needed than
before.

There was a change to the notification bar but I thought it happened
around 3.6 or 3.8 already, but the Ubuntu Xserver was missing a patch
needed for the new trigger method, so the old method was used on Ubuntu
anyway. But don't ask me what the difference between new and old
behaviour is - I can't tell.

I am using xorg-edgers ppa and a point stick with pretty high
acceleration as I have to navigate a 30" screen - my experience is
probably not really comparable.

Anyway the movement generated by the touch pad could be not enough which
would explain your issue. Did you try to increase the acceleration of
the pointer through settings to work around it?

Michael