Status of installation in UEFI mode

Romuald TISSERAND rtisserand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:21:58 UTC 2013

Hi,
I finally managed to install 13.10 Beta in UEFI mode. I have some good news
and a bad news.

The bad news: the screen refresh frequency is crapped when the PC is
started in UEFI, as I already wrote in my previous emails. Everything seems
to work (was able to trigger some menu items to properly shutting down the
computer), but it totally not usable.

The good news:
- it works when the PC is started in Bios mode, so I can use 13.10 and my
Windows 8 double boot, really nice.
- as it starts in both Bios and EFI modes, I can make some testing and see
what happens with the updates regarding this issue.

romu