Blue text on gray background hard to read

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 21:30:20 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 02:11 PM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 6 September 2013 13:54, Alfredo Hernández <aldomann.designs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> BTW, does anybody know where are Plymouth files located at the LiveUSB? I
>> mean, I can change syslinux and test it anytime I want, but I have no clue
>> about how to do it with Plymouth (which, I believe, handles the text colour
>> we are talking about).
> Our plymouth themes are part of ubuntu-gnome-default-settings.
>
> From https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-gnome-default-settings/
> Click on the most recent upload number (13.10.8)
> Click i386
> Click buildlog
> Near the bottom of the build log is the list of files installed by the packages.
>
> Jeremy

I suspect that these particular fonts (regardless of size or color) are
part of 'casper'.

Everything I see post-installation looks fine ............... so I think
'plymouth' is fine.

But I have no idea how 'casper' plays with 'syslinux' .............. or
'ubiquity' :^(

Just to be perfectly clear:

I only see this issue using the live image, NOT an installed Ubuntu
GNOME Saucy Beta 1!

It does effect other things regarding 'casper' but booting the live
image and choosing Check disc for defects is the easiest to reproduce.

I notice comments about 'syslinux'. How does that play into 'casper'?

Regardless we need not get our panties in a bunch. I think as long as we
get this fixed by beta 2 we'll be fine. Otherwise the newest theming
looks fine ;^)

Alfredo has done a super great job so let's help him wherever possible
without creating stress!!!

Lance

PS: If I didn't make it clear enough I suspect this is related to 'casper'!