New Area - What do you think?

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 11:46:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

When I decided to join Ubuntu GNOME Team, I promised myself to give the
ultimate support and help. Having that said, I feel bad that this area is
on Lubuntu Only and not here as well:

https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-brainstorming

It was a great experience and so much fun:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming

What do you think?

Working with Blueprint is much easier and better than mailing lists and
IRC.

With IRC, you need to manually save the Log so that you can refer back to
it.

With Mailing Lists, you need to search for the right email you are looking
for and sometimes, it takes sometime until you find what you are looking
for and above all, from long experience, discussions on Mailing Lists not
very helpful sometimes, specially if one reply goes off-topic :)

So, speaking from a very nice and good experience with Blueprints on
Launchpad, I find it is a very helpful way to set new area for our team as
well.

Instead of sending an email and wait for someone to reply to, etc ... you
can simple register a blueprint and the whole community can see it.

Let me know what do you think :)

P.S.
My current work on Lubuntu Brainstorming Area is done for the moment. I
have nothing more to give/add. So, if you liked the idea, I will have more
time for our area and will work to set it up and get it ready to be used.