Can not change background

Mark Blakeney mark.blakeney at bullet-systems.net
Tue Oct 22 09:23:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:21:04 +0000, Mark Blakeney wrote:
> Well done! I updated and now it works perfectly.

Actually, I spoke too soon. I had rebooted and it was working fine. For
some odd reason it is now only showing a grey background, not the picture
or image I select, on my main monitor. It is ok on my second monitor and
ok on both monitors in the activities overview. When I switch out of
activities overview the main screen flicks back to a grey screen and
in that state right click does not work at all on that main screen.

With nautilus managing the desktop (not my normal setting), it works ok.
I have rebooted a number of times but this fault immediately reoccurs. I
have no idea of why this has started happening a couple of hours after I
first saw this working ok.