Need your advice :)

William wjckc79 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 12:27:35 UTC 2013

On 10/20/2013 07:05 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> When I joined Ubuntu GNOME Team 3 months ago (July, 2013), I stepped
> back from my previous roles with Lubuntu Except one (Lubuntu
> Brainstorming Lead) and then, I joined Ubuntu GNOME. However, I
> haven't stopped my activities with Lubuntu Team. Where were always
> activities.
>
> Now, it is the right time to decide what path shall I take :)
>
> A side of being Peppermint Community Manager, I have these roles with
> all Ubuntu Communities:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement#Ubuntu_Communities_Positions.2BAC8-Roles
>
> I'm thinking to stop each and every single activity related to Lubuntu
> and focus on the other Communities/Projects.
>
> The time I usually spend to do anything related to Lubuntu will be
> used for other tasks.
>
> I have enjoyed everything I have done so far with Ubuntu GNOME. 3
> months was a huge success for everyone in Ubuntu GNOME Team and the
> coming 6 months, should be even better, this is what I want and hope.
>
> What do you think?
> I seek your advice so that I can make the right decision in the right
> time!
>
> Thanks :)
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

Clearly it makes sense to focus your energies on a more limited scope. I
think you need to decide what projects interest you the most
intellectually. Personally, I haven't been around the Ubuntu GNOME
community for more than a few weeks, and while I do plan on getting
personally involved, I will be lurking awhile longer before I do. One
thing that I have noticed in my lurking is that you are a respected
member of this project whose talents have not gone ignored. Ubuntu GNOME
as a project and community is still very young and small, but it has all
the potential in the world for greatness. Losing key members at this
early stage can stunt growth. I can only hope that Ubuntu GNOME stays on
your short list of active projects, but good luck to you regardless.