[Announcement] Ubuntu GNOME Sub-Teams (AKA Recruitment Plan Phase 2)

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:16:04 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am sorry, I couldn't keep quiet for too long :D (ops, I know it's been 3
days only :P) and I'd like to take the initiative and start the very first
step of the new cycle and announce the beginning of Phase 2 of the
recruitment plan [1] which I had previously sent via this Mailing List last
month :)

With the great success of Phase 1, here comes Phase 2 and the code name of
this phase is:

http://ubuntugnome.org/announcement-sub-teams/

Ubuntu GNOME Sub-Teams :D

Now, I'd like to thank you deeply for your quick and helpful response when
Phase 1 was announced. That was more than clear with the joining requests I
have received in in less than a month, we had over 25 members who are
dedicated for testing. Such a great success and you all wonder why Ubuntu
GNOME 13.10 is our best release so far? YES, the answer is simple: THE MORE
testers we do have, the better. Imagine what could happen if we will have
more contributors and members for the other areas :)

Therefore, I'd strongly suggest to have a look at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/SubTeams

and

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved

If you feel that you can help, why not? we would be very glad if you could
join us :)

Remember, ALL of us are smarter than ANY ONE of us.

Thank you once more for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME and I'm looking
forward to have fun with all of you, just like the last 3 months in my life
- it was full of fun, challenges and above all, I got a new family :)

Note: You don't have to be an expert, GURU or Superman. ALL what you need
to have is Passion, Desire and Eager to Help, that is all :)

[1] -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2013-September/000728.html