Bug ?

Romuald TISSERAND rtisserand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 07:02:09 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm a facing an issue, could someone confirm:
1. Add a ppa to your system
2. Open the software-properties-gtk, the one where you can access the list
of added ppa
3. Select your just added ppa and click "Edit..."
4. Change Saucy by Raring
5. You're asked for your password, enter it, then click Valid
-> Saucy is not changed by Raring
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5
-> The "Software & Updates" window crashes.

When run from a terminal, I get the following trace:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py",
line 889, in on_edit_clicked
    if dialog.run() == Gtk.ResponseType.OK:
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/DialogEdit.py", line
123, in run
    index = self.sourceslist.list.index(self.source_entry)
ValueError: <aptsources.sourceslist.SourceEntry object at 0x7f0bd70232d0>
is not in list

Can someone confrm?

romu