Keyboard layout for French accents on US keyboard

Simon Loewenthal simon at klunky.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 14:00:44 UTC 2013

I think I have found the answer and shall try tonight :)

https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/3.5/keyboard-layouts.html.en

 **  USE ALTERNATE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS **
Keyboards come in hundreds of different layouts for different languages.
Even for a single language, there are often multiple keyboard layouts,
such as the Dvorak layout for English. You can make your keyboard behave
like a keyboard with a different layout, regardless of the letters and
symbols printed on the keys. This is useful if you often switch between
multiple languages.
 Click your name on the top bar and select System Settings.
 Open Region & Language and select the Input Sources tab.
 Click the + button, select a layout, and click Add.

Regards, S