Testing/QA Communications and Ubuntu GNOME General Mailing List

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 16:05:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Starting from the next cycle (14.04), we are going to use this email:
>
> ubuntugnome-qa at lists.launchpad.net
>
> However, I'd recommend to start from now :)
>
> You need to be a member of: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa
> So that, you can subscribe to that mailing list.
>
> Ubuntu GNOME QA is a Sub-Team of Ubuntu GNOME which has only and only
> purpose: QA and Testing.
>
> For all our QA/Testing Communications (Emails) and CC the general mailing
> list when there is something important/urgent.
>
> Some users are NOT interested about testing and they have subscribed to
> the mailing list for other kind of information.
>
> The General Mailing List is much better to be used for Announcement,
> Important Updates, Support, and similar topics.
>
> Before, Ubuntu GNOME had very few testers and no Team Leader for QA. Now,
> Ubuntu GNOME does have an active Team of Testers :) therefore, we need to
> keep the QA and Testing Communications on its area.
>
> Ubuntu and Lubuntu both have separate team and list for QA and Testing.
> Not sure about others but Xubuntu have also two, one for Development and
> other is for general support.
>
> So, PLEASE, those who are subscribing to the Main Mailing List:
> buntu-gnome at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> And they are interested about Testing and would like to actually help us,
> please do join:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa
>
> Thank you!
>
> P.S.
> Ubuntu GNOME QA Sub-Team now have 10 Active Testers and we haven't yet
> started the real fun. I wonder how many we will have after  few months ;)
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

I got a PM from one of the users who showed a great interest to help:

"Hello, Ali! I have unsubscribed the mailing list for now, because I was
receiving 30 mails per day and I could not find the important mails I need.
And all of these 30 mails are for testing and I really don't need them now,
because I have a lot of work and I can't help with testing, you know that.
But I want to translate, so this is my job and I will do it."

That is 'exactly' why I asked you to PLEASE keep the general list for
everything except testing :)

PLEASE, send your testing feedback/Questions to the QA Team.

I don't want to lose more interested people who wanted to help because of
testing. Let's do everything correctly, please!
I am having hard time to find people to join. I don't want to lose anyone.

Thank you!