Change language

Efstathios Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) iefstathios at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:11:20 UTC 2013

On 17/09/2013 01:13 μμ, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Petros F <petrosfreris at gmail.com
> <mailto:petrosfreris at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I'm having a problem in change keyboard language input in saucy
>     salamander beta.
>     To be specific i'm using English (US) and greek but when i'm
>     changing language input (with alt+shift) it writes with the other
>     language (eg. if top right the language notification says gr, the
>     keyboard writes in latin, if it says en, the keyboard writes in greek)
>
>     Can we solve this bug before the release of ubuntu saucy?
>
>     Petros
>

>  Hi,
>
> Attached is a screenshot where you can change the default shortcut
>
> And you are right, Keyboard Shortcut does nothing. I must click on the
> top panel and select Arabic if I want to type in Arabic.
>
> I will try to have a deep look ... I am doing something else at the
> moment!

Guys, not sure if there's this option in Ubuntu GNOME (I'm not close to
my netbook to check it out).

In GNOME 3.6, we had to change to ALT+Shift from gnome-tweak-tool>
Typing> Modifiers only input sources (see picture)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20413076/opensuse/12.3/bugs/shift_solution.jpg

In GNOME 3.8, they put it to gnome settings>Keyboard>shortcuts>Modifiers
only inpout sources (see picture)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20413076/gnome/alt-shift.png

Can you please check for this option? Maybe you can find it on
gnome-tweak-tool.
Have phun,
Stathis.

--
http://about.me/iosifidis
http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr    http://blogs.gnome.org/eiosifidis

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.
The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to make sense.