Time for LTS (was: Re: [Discussion/Opinion] Ubuntu 14.04 LTS To Stay On GTK/GNOME 3.8?)

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 03:27:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whether this is a shocking news or not, I guess I have to share it here
> and read your opinion about this :)
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/ubuntu-1404-lts-to-stay-on-gtkgnome-38.html
>
> Read the link carefully before replying :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

If this decision is true and they will go for it, then I see NO valid
reason why not have Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 as an LTS release?!

I am NOT a developer but the packages that we will maintain shouldn't be
much. That could be the bright/good side of Canonical Plan/Thought.

Now, the downside of it:
A side of the name, what is the differences between Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu
GNOME 14.04 in this case? do we have to release 14.04 if Ubuntu 14.04 will
use GNOME 3.8 which is the same what will be shipped with Ubuntu GNOME
13.10?

What do you think?